Get ready to pick your perfect pumpkin craft this week, as I’m sharing pumpkin crafts all week long. I worried about rushing the season with the BOO Marquee Lights I featured on Friday, but now that it’s after Labor Day, it’s open season for fall and Halloween crafts. I’m starting with this handmade Halloween card from Patty Schaffer. She’s used wool roving to felt a sweet little jack-‘o-lantern, creating a dimensional, one-of-a-kind Halloween card. Tune in each day this week for more pumpkin crafts from your favorite designers!
To make a Handmade, Halloween Jack-‘o-Lantern Card, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 2” ball
- Scrapbook paper, Halloween theme
- Black cardstock, 2” square
- Kraft cardstock, 1” x 3” strip
- Brown ink
- Sheet moss, tiny bit
- Wool roving, orange, small amount
- Mini glue dots
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: scissors; serrated knife; wooden skewer; needle felting tool*; optional: scallop edge punch
To make a Handmade, Halloween Jack-‘o-Lantern Card:
1. Fold in half an 8-½” x 5” piece of paper, creating a 4-¼” wide by 5” high card.
2. Cut a 1-½” x 5” paper strip. Cut a scallop edge along one 5” side. (Patty used a paper punch for this, but you can also cut the edge with scissors.) Adhere the scalloped strip to the front of the card, flush with the fold.
3. Cut the 2” foam ball in half with the serrated knife. Use a wooden skewer to carve sections into one half ball; the sections can be uneven, just like on a real pumpkin.