If your summer travel includes a trip to the southwest, you may be inspired to recreate your adventures and make this Southwest Adobe House. Or maybe you’ll want to make it because your plans don’t include a trip to the southwest. Bookmark this Adobe House tutorial for the school year, too – it might come in handy. While I know that kids will find this a cool project, they will need help from an adult along the way.
To make a Southwest Adobe House, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: Two, 1″ x 12″ x 18″ sheets OR one 1″ x 12″ x 36″ sheet
- Packaged sand
- Wooden dowel, 15 ” x 3/16″ dia.
- Balsa strips:
- 1 yd. 6mm x 2mm (ladder frame)
- 1 ft. 3mm square balsa strip (ladder rungs)
- White craft glue:
- Thick, white craft glue for assembling the house
- Thin-bodied white glue for brushing…
View original post 560 more words